Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The BIG 3-4!!!!!!

June 11, 2012

Today was Damian's 34th birthday.  Monday birthdays aren't the greatest, but hey.....a birthday is a birthday right?  Everyone was very tired from spending the whole day at Madison's dance recital the day before, so I went off to work and the 3 kids stayed home to spend some time with Daddy.  I allowed Madison to stay home from school because she was exhausted and she has done so well this past year in the 3rd grade....she deserves it.

Unfortunately, by the time I got home from work, Damian had already left work, so I picked Mayci up from Ted and Abby's, grabbed some groceries, and raced home to make Damian his cake! Then I rushed back to get the other 2 and get home in time to decorate the cake and have it ready for him(and no, it's not REALLY decorated, but at least I wrote on it) He was hoping to be home at  a decent hour so the kids and I could do the whole, sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles, thing for him.

Well, by 10pm everyone was in bed and I was feeling pretty tired, so off to bed I went as well.  I still don't know what time Damian got in, but when I woke up Tuesday to get ready for work...he was in a VERY DEEP sleep.

Clearly I need to hurry up and sign up for the Wilton Cake Decorating classes that I keep talking about!! lol


June 12, 2012

During my lunch break, I logged on to facebook and to my surprise and embarrassment, I saw that Damian had posted a picture of his cake for all to see.  I was sort of happy that he felt it was special enough to post, but pretty embarrassed because it definitely was not the prettiest cake!!!


Thankfully on Tuesday he came home from 45 minutes between work and a rehearsal so we could sing happy birthday, blow out candles, and cut the cake.  Ia m not sure of the kids were more excited to spend a little more time with Daddy or to be able to eat the cake that had been staring at them for the past 24 hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment