Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Break Week

So, the week of the 16th was Spring Break for Madison......woohoo..(boy do I remember those days!!  And I mean the innocent elementary spring break)  But of course, I was a fool and didn't think to take any time off, so I missed out on some special mother/daughter time with her. Hopefully she hasn't been traumatized by her "horrible" mother...LOL!  No, seriously though. Leo and Erica (Damian's cousins) stayed at Ted and Abby's for the week, so all 3 kids had a blast with them.

APRIL 16, 2012
On Monday the kids all hung out with Damian during the day (thank God he is home during the day with them....at least one of is) and then Madison had dance in the evening and Erica came along to watch.  I honestly have no idea how my 8 year old manages to have a busier schedule than I do.  Erica slept at our house so her and Madison could spend some girl cousin time.  We decided to spend the evening making chocolate chip cookies...just call me Betty Crocker :)  But of course, that really meant that I did the baking and those crazy girls and Myles just ATE them!  They also had a dance off with Myles---he has since decided that "Everyday I'm Shufflin' " and "Moves Like Jagger" are his new favorite song.
Learning how to use the electric hand mixer

"Mommy, can I eat the cookies yet?"

Not exactly sure what Myles was doing at this moment....but I know it was in the middle of his new "Everyday I'm Shufflin" dance

Mayci has mastered the heart of getting out of her chair....guess it's time to wash it and put it away

APRIL 17, 2012
Tuesday was pretty uneventful in our world.  THANK GOODNESS!! I love days like that!!  The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.  Like tank top and shorts beautiful!!(But NOPE, no shorts for me....I will stick to capris and gaucho pants..thank you very much!  So needless to say, the kids spent most of the day outside.  Madison and Myles both stayed at Ted and Abby's house overnight........now I always miss them while they are gone, but it sure is a little more "peaceful" without those 2 energy balls running around the house.....even though Mayci is starting to give me a run for my money.


Mind you, that is a big piece of cement in his hand that he wanted to  play "catch" with Mayci with.  Right after this shot, my camera ended up on the ground so I could block his makeshift "ball" from Mayci's body



APRIL 18, 1012
Lisa came by the house Wednesday evening to spend time with the kids while Damian was out at rehearsal for a gig the following week. (WOW--what  a run on sentence)  Myles had received some mustache stickers in his Easter basket, so we all tried them out today.  Daddy was even in on the action before leaving for rehearsal!!



This is honestly what I would look like if it weren't for my hair removal cream




APRIL 20, 2012
Friday was a low key day as well....................  Damian left early in the day for New York. He was there through Sunday night working in the studio with Beast 1333, one of the artists he has been working with lately.  Hopefully these busy long weekends will open some doors for him :)  Friday night the little girl who lives next door, A___ came over and ate dinner in the backyard, picnic style with all three kids.  Even Mayci was out there in her Bumbo chair like she was part of the crowd......
Please note:  I didn't put the neighbors name nor will I post her picture because even though her mom said I could take their pics, I know that some parents do not want their children's faces and names floating around on the Internet...and I truly respect that!!  Wait, does that mean that I am a bad mom because I don't mind?

The rest of our the weekend was spent at Grandma Virginia and Grandpa Wayne's house because we stayed over there Saturday night so Madison and I could be out of the house super early for dance competition in Mass on Sunday.....pics from the weekend will be in a separate post

No comments:

Post a Comment