Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Past 2 Months


Okay, so I have completely failed to write a post in....well....FOREVER!!!  But that has changed, hopefully.  I am hoping to write at least 2 times a week so that it becomes a habit.  I have started spreading the word about this blog, so it is definitely time that I actually get it up and truly running for people to view. Not that anything in my life is really interesting enough for people to WANT to read about, but I thought it would be a great way for people to enjoy watching the kids grow up and keeping up to date with what is happening in our lives.

February was a pretty uneventful month for the family as nothing super exciting happened.  I hosted a Pampered Chef party and started Weight Watchers towards the end of the month, but other than that, each day sort of ran into the next.  I had managed to lose 8.8lbs on Weight Watchers in 4 weeks, but over the past 2 weeks I haven't tracked a single item or weighed in, so who know where I am at right now...Oh and Madison got her ears pierced this month.  What a trooper....I have to look to see if I even have any pics from that day, but I am not so sure.  I so worried about trying to keep her happy that I couldn't even focus on picture taking.

March had a couple of fun things..Parent Teacher conference was one of them.  I LOVE parent teacher conferences.  I think that is only because Madison is still doing quite well that I know they are only going to say good things.  Her report card was excellent.  She had struggled a little in math at the beginning of the year and received some "I"s on her report card.  That means improvement needed.  But this marking period, she brought them up to either "M" for meets expectations or "E" for Exceeds expectations.  Mrs. Martinson says that she has been quite the little helper and become talkative sometimes.....but hey..she's my kid, so what did I expect!! Damian and I are also very pleased to announce that our little 3rd grader is reading at the 5th grade level...the middle of 5th grade to be exact!!  SO PROUD OF HER!!!
Madison also had an exciting dance moment this month.  Every year her dance school hosts a VERY informal charity dance show to raise money and this is the first year that the Madison participated.  It is a Potluck...so of course I volunteered brownies..since that is like the only thing that I am confident about making! :)  And even so..about 3 other people volunteered brownies also and some of their looked WAY WAY better than mine.  But I'm okay with that...I don't ever plan on being the next Betty Crocker.   Any way...since this is a kids dancing for kids charity event, all of the kids involved got to choreograph their own dances and perform them.  Madison performed 3 times. Once in a duo, then a trio, then a solo.  All three somgs were by Adele, who I think sounds so amazing.  I just love her voice.  But I will posting a video of Madison's solo here. Please be patient, it's about 4 minutes long and they were supposed to fade out about halfway throughm but they forgot so Madison just kept up and improvised the last half.  So weird....in only 5 years of dance, I have watched her so many times and I get teary eyed each time.

Today is Easter.................but I will post pics about that in it's own entry!!


Some random pics over the past 2 months:



Trying to enjoy some outside time in early March!

Myles absolutely LOVES the swing....he needs to hurry and learn how to pump his own legs though , because it can get pretty boring for the "pusher"

So happy to finally be outside and at the playground.



Madison's solo dance number:


2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share to us and other.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete