Wednesday, August 27, 2014

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Aug. 26 2014

WHEW!!!  Another summer has come and gone and we are entering BACK TO SCHOOL time!!

I cannot believe it.  In addition to sending Madison off to the 6th grade, Myles is also starting school this year.  A big bad Kindergartner!!

Madison is attending a magnet school this year, which makes her excited and nervous at the same time she said.  It's the Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy--  I know LONG NAME.  We only visited the school twice and from the parent orientation I attended it seems as though Madison will definitely be challenged this year.  Which I think will be very good for her.  Sometimes Madison gets a little complacent with things coming so easy for her. it will be a nice humbling experience for her.  I mean- we all need those at times.  This school also goes from 6th to 12th grade, which I think is pretty cool.  And she thinks is scary haha.  She is responsible kid with a great head on her shoulders, so I have nothing but confidence that she will do great and shine in this new adventure.

Myles is attending the local public elementary school this year.. Oliver Ellsworth Elementary.  We went to an open house for him yesterday where he was able to actually take a quick ride on the school bus and meet his teacher, Ms. Bartholomew.   He seemed a little anxious at first, but I also think he is a great kid and will do amazing.

This morning ALL 3 kids were up a little earlier than necessary-- I enjoyed it because I didn't have to rush anyone, but I know that excitement will soon end!  Mayci was upset because it will still dark when she woke up so she didn't understand why people were acting like it was morning, but in the excited rush of everyone, her mood lightened pretty quickly!
Lisa showed up quite early so she could walk with both kids to the bus stop.  Yup-- I walked my 6th grader to the bus stop.. Mainly because she said it was okay seeing as how her bus stop is sort of far away and we wanted to make sure she was in the right spot.  Unfortunately because of how late the buses run on the 1st day of school, I wasn't able to see her get on her bus.  We had to start heading to Myles bus stop before Madison's bus came so Lisa stayed with Madison and met up with us for Myles.  Mama and Popup happened to be driving to the house to come to see Myles off and drove past Madison and were able to wish her well on her first day :)

Myles got on the bus like a trooper!  I started getting that nervous butterfly feeling when the bus was pulling up... but Myles?  Nope.. he got right up to the end of the sidewalk, waiting for the bus door to open, and climbed right on!  He sat in his seat, waved, and even blew kisses..and off he went!!  My heart sank a little as the bus pulled away--  My only son, my LITTLE boy, is in school.  That leaves me with one more "baby" and she isn't even a baby anymore.

Speaking of Mayci, I was extremely nervous that she would have a little meltdown when Myles go on the bus and she realized that she wasn't going with him.  She surprised me though, she waved, blew kisses back, and kept moving.  It didn't even seem to really phase her in the slightest.  She was leaving with Mama, so I grabbed her lunchbox, gave it to her, and she was off to go to her "school".  So far, so good---- but it has only been 2 hours :)


Mayci in Mama's car on her way off to "school"



**tears** Myles bus getting further and further away :(


Myles was so fast, here he is halfway on the bus with his Super Mario Bros backpack

Waiting at her big brothers bus stop

My handsome boy-- he picks out his own clothes and yes-- he likes his socks pulled up like that :)

Myles and his friend Anisa-- also our next door neighbor-- she is experienced a the whole school things, she is a 1st grader

Walking o his bus stop


Madison at her bus stop


Walking to her bus stop


Mommy and Mayci doing their cool poses

Mommy and Myles


Mayci sort of thinks she is going to school also!

Auntie Lisa, Mayci, Daddy, and Myles walking t Madison's bus stop
Lunches packed and ready to go!

Madison and Mayci playing on a bus while Myles is taking a trial run on  another bus

Mayci's first time on a bus--nope..not going to school, she was just testing it out at Myles school at the Open House


*******************FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL UPDATE*************************
 
 
Madison said she had a great day.  Didn't really make many friends today because she said she was so focused on trying to take everything in.  I honestly think the highlight of her day today was lunch .. because she learned that there are 2 microwaves that she can use for her food, so now she has even more options when bringing lunch hahaha... it's the little things sometimes.
 
Myles was so tired when he got home that he didn't have much to report.  He did tell me that he made a friend..a boy.  No girl friends yet.  He also told Damian that there are Lego's in his classroom, but he did not get a chance to play with them.  The only other piece of information that I was able to drag out of him was that his bus driver "drives crazy" and is mean.  lol-- I guess the bus driver had to tell him to sit down when they puled up to the school because Myles immediately got up to get off the bus, but the bus driver was still going over instructions.  He said the bus driver said, "Young man, sit back down," HAHAHA.. I explained to him that his bus driver wasn't mean, that there are rules that he has to follow.  i asked him if he sat down after being told and his response was, "Of course, really seriously, I don't want to ever get in trouble"
 
All in all it seems like day 1 of school was a success for both of them!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment