Sunday, June 15, 2014

Graduation Time -- Thursday May 29, 2014

Thursday May 29, 2014


Auntie Sonya and Charlize--  LOVE THIS PICTURE!!


Here is Auntie Lisamarie and Brooklynn after they got all excited right after Brooke was awarded her diploma

The GRADUATION GIRL!!


Today was a super bittersweet day for me.  After work, I got to spend the evening at Brooke's Graduation from Manchester Community College.  She graduated with her Associates Degree in Criminal Justice!!  I was and still am so proud of her, yet I would be lying if I say that I was a little sad also.  I should have been standing in that same line with those graduates, my kids should have been able to watch their mommy graduate alongside "Chachi" and "BK"---  BUT I wasn't.. and my kids didn't get to.  While it makes me sad, I do know that things happen for a reason.  I wasn't able to juggle all of the pressures of school, being a mom, being a wife, and working full time... a decision needed to be made, and school just wasn't at the top of my priority list... Will I ever go back??  I don't think so, but only time and God will tell!!  Brooke's ability to push through all obstacles makes me so proud of her!!

So so so PROUD of her!  I remember attending her high school graduating shortly after we truly be came friends.

What a beautiful day it was for a graduation.  The weather held out so that it was able to be outside and we were all welcome to attend.  Unfortunately Brooke's mom was out of town for her birthday, so she was unable to attend, which I know broke Brooke's heart...but even though her mom and dad weren't there, Brooke had quite the support group: Jermaine, Charlize, Brooklynn, Lisamarie, Jacob, Chin, Sonya, Bethany, Allison, Kyree, and myself all came to show our support for an extremely special woman.  She looked so pretty in her cap and gown, and you could see the happiness in her eyes as she enters into the next phase in her life.  I am not exactly sure of what her plans are now, but regardless.. what a great accomplishment.

And I know this wasn't always the easiest thing for her, with kids, being pregnant, being a single mom, working full time, having to struggle with day care....but she allowed NOTHING to hold her back...and has her diploma to show for that.. she better be proud of herself as well!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment