Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Baby Shower Barbecue

Saturday May 31, 2014



The beautiful cake made by one of Amanda's friends, Noelle
My younger sister, Amanda, and her boyfriend Will are expecting their first baby on July 1st.  (I'm actually posting this on Saturday June 21, 2014 and Miss Jaida Sarai Nascimento decided to bless us with her prescence 2 weeks earlier than expected!!).  Lisa, my mom, and I wanted to throw her a nice shower to celebrate her soon to come bundle of joy, so we decided to host a baby shower for her.



Amanda is a very simple girl.  She didnt want anything super fancy, no games, no frills...just a simple barbecue with friends and family.  As the guest of honor- her wish was our command,  We went as simple as we could and just got some food, the grills, some snacks-- threw friends and family in the mix-- and there was her shower.

I'd like to think that everyone had a great day, but do know that Amanda and Will seemed to enjoy themselves, which was most important  Her friends sort of came and went in waves as they were leaving to go to work and coming after work, so we had a steady flow throughout the day.  Aunt Denise and Uncle Wilbert came from New York also to give their well wishes.
They got so many nice clothes and accessories for baby Jaida.  She is going to be one of the best dressed little girls I know!!

I am so excited to be an aunt and cannot wait to hold this baby in my arms!!!

Me and Amanda #selfie




Me and the guests of honor!!
















Lisa and I before the shower getting the last minute things to combat the mosquitoes in the backyard





No comments:

Post a Comment